Skip to content

My June Minerva Make – Polka Dot Megan Dress

June 28, 2016

For my Minerva Crafts Blogger Network project this month, I made a classic black and white polka dot day dress using the Megan dress pattern from Tilly’s book ‘Love at First Stitch’, with a red lace exposed zipper at the back.

Tilly and the Buttons Megan dress

Tilly and the Buttons Megan dress

I wear my first Megan dress loads – I love the design, shape and fit. Β I imagine I will get a lot of wear out of this dress all year round!

Exposed lace zip

Exposed lace zip

Thanks to Minerva for sending the fabric, zipper and thread. Β You can read more about the making of the dress here on their blog, where I have included a few more photos as well. Β Opinions, as ever, are solely my own.

6 Comments leave one →
  1. June 28, 2016 12:29 pm

Wow, love it! This is one of my favourite patterns as its so easy and flattering!
    I have one of those lace zippers (although it’s a single one, not from a roll like yours) and I haven’t used it because I’m not sure how to make the bottom of it look tidy. Any tips?

• tabathatweedie permalink*
      June 28, 2016 12:38 pm

With this one from the roll I just cut it straight across and sewed it down. I’ve used a single one before now and I don’t remember cutting it, just sewing it into place. That was on my Belladone dress sewn a couple of years ago, it’s had lots of wear and it hasn’t frayed at all. 😊

2. June 29, 2016 7:31 pm

This is brilliant! What’s not to love about black and white polka dots, and the red zip is fab.

• tabathatweedie permalink*
      June 30, 2016 6:56 am

Thanks Lynne! Just about to read about your new shirt dress now ☺

3. victoriadcsmith permalink
    July 7, 2016 3:14 am

Love the zip! I’ve never seen any like this, so I’ll have to keep my eye out πŸ™‚

• tabathatweedie permalink*
      July 7, 2016 6:05 am

They make a nice change!